POAS VOLCANO PARK
How To Purchase Tickets for Poás Volcano
The National Park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. every day and viewing groups depart every 20 minutes until 1:20 p.m. It is 30 min drive on the paved road from TACACORI EcoLodge
The park service cautions against visits by children under 12, pregnant women, the “elderly”, and anyone with respiratory, cardiac issues or limited mobility.
There is no reliable public wi-fi or cell phone service at the entrance and no office for on the spot purchase
Instructions for Reserving Admission to Poás Volcano
CREATE AN ACCOUNT
Your first step will be to create an account via www.sinac.go.cr
1)Click on “online booking”
2) Create a user name and password and enter all personal information. Be careful when you enter your email address because if you do a mistake the email will be sent to the address mentioned. In this case, you will have to start again and buy new tickets
3) Please accept the general condition and click on REGISTER. You will be redirect to a new page and you will will be able to proceed to the reservation. to the reservation.Create a username/password, and enter your personal information.
PURCHASE YOUR TICKET ONLINE
Please gather your information before attempting to purchase tickets – in step 11) you only have 8 minutes to enter the full names and passport/cedula number for every member of your party plus all of your credit card information. If the timer expires or you click “back” everything is erased and the form resets to step 1) forcing you to start over.
1) log into your account with the username and password you have just created
2) click Buy >> Online Reservation
3) Under “Wildlife Area” select “Parque Nacional Volcan Poas”
4) Under “Sector/Schedule” select the time you would like to go
5) Under “Entry Date” select the day you would like to visit.
6) Select the Nationality and Age range of each visitor
Adulto(a) No Residente – is anyone over the age of 13 who does not have a Costa Rican passport or cedula.
Niño(a) No Residente – is anyone between 2 and 12 years of age who is not a Costa Rican resident or citizen.
Note: After entering the quantity of each type of ticket you must click the blue + each time to add the tickets to your order
7) The section “Services”– do not select any services
8) Check to make sure that the total amount is correct. If it seems too low you may have forgotten to click blue + and the tickets may not have been added to your order. If you click the back button to fix it all of your entries are erased and you have to start over. Be sure to have all the passports with you and your credit card as you will have only 8 minutes to enter all the information.
9) Please check all the information before confirming the purchase.
Make sure you have everyone’s passport and your credit card ready before clicking the blue next -> arrow. Once you click you have 8 minutes…
10) Review the information at the top of the “Purchase Confirmation” page
11) In the “Facts Visitors” section enter the full name of each person you are purchasing a ticket for. Under “Identification” enter each persons passport number (Costa Rican citizens and residents use their government i.d. number).
Click the blue + to add another person. Don’t forget to click the blue + after the last person.
12) In the “Pay Data” section enter the credit card information. “Id Number” is the cardholder’s passport/cedula number.
13) Click “Confirm” to purchase the tickets.
14) Your tickets should be e-mailed within a few minutes. We recommend that you do a picture screen of the reservation.
Other Poás Volcano Information and Details
There is more visitor information (but no ticket purchase link or info) on the official National Parks Poás Volcano page.
No refunds. If you miss your appointed time you may be allowed to reschedule. If the park is closed and/or your visit is cancelled because of dangerous volcanic activity you will be provided with information on how to reschedule your visit. The park may be closed for several hours/days/weeks in case of increased activity – Please contact the park directly for official information on closures
Restrooms are available but potable (drinking) water is not – please bring your own.
The park is open from 7:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. every day including holidays BUT the last viewing group enters at 1:20 p.m.
You must pay for Parking in cash in person upon arrival. Cars ¢2000 (~$3.50), mini-vans and buses ¢4000 ($7.00), Motorcycles ¢1000 ($1.75)
Contact : Phone (506) 2482-2165 between 7am to 2pm or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org